Why Support the KSO?
The Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra has an outstanding reputation for quality and depth of educational service among regional orchestras in the U.S. A large part of our success over the last 90 years has come from a legacy of generous giving from the local community.
Dedicated to making Kalamazoo a great place to live, work, and grow, our donors choose to support the Symphony each year so that we may:
- Attract talented professional musicians and exceptional guest artists whose presence enriches our local community
- Present high-quality performances that engage and delight the musicians who play them and the audiences who attend them
- Act on opportunities to be bold and innovative in our artistic programming
- Increase access to live classical music so that all, regardless of socio-economic or physical limitations, may enjoy
- Offer learning experiences that are essential to a well-rounded, educated citizenry
- Do our part as a cultural leader to promote healthy social and economic development in southwest Michigan
We ask you to help make great things happen with your investment in the Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra, whether that be a donation, individual giving, corporate giving, naming opportunities, or leaving your legacy!
Your Award-Winning KSO
Over the past decade, the KSO earned awards and accolades from near and far. The honors not only spotlight the orchestra, they also illuminate the excellence of the Greater Kalamazoo community to the entire nation.
Some notable honors include:
2008 MetLife Award for Arts Access
2007 Music Alive Meet the Composer/League of American Orchestras award
2003 League of American Orchestras Silver Award for a KSO Education program
2000 Ford Foundation leadership grant